Sunday, May 6, 2012

the funnies and the fuzzies... An intro


I started an adventure right after I graduated from SDSU. Good thing I did because I would have no clue what I would be doing then. 

I have always wanted to move to Tahoe. It has always been my dream to live in the snow and be able to live the Tahoe lifestyle, barely getting by and skiing all the time. So it happened. I got an internship with Disabled Sports USA Far West at Alpine Meadows. I became an adaptive ski instructor for people with physical and cognitive disabilities. I really don’t know the exact words to describe the whole experience simply... but I will give it a shot. AWESOME, PHENOMENAL, HILARIOUS, EMOTIONAL, CHALLENGING, REWARDING, FRUSTRATING, EXCILIRATING, LOVING. FREAKING AWESOME… oops that was already used.

Interning at DSUSA has truly been the best thing I have ever done so far. I have gained experience and learned so much about so many things and people. I saw things that I didn’t think were possible. I have learned what the extent humans will do for each other. I learned a lot of about my self. I saw people enjoying life to the fullest and cherishing the precious moments. I am blessed to be able to share and be part of these special moments with amazing people whom I have met along the way, and now I want to share them with you. These are just a few stories that have stuck with me through out the season that have really meant a lot to me like making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside or nearly making me pee my pants from laughter. Here it goes.. The Funnies and  T he Fuzzies

No comments:

Post a Comment